Ahmed S. Abdelsamea
Associate Professor of Applied Math
A faculty member at the Applied Math department
Member of the ZC-SCC, IEEE student branch counselor
Education: Doctor of Philosophy degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from McMaster University, ON, Canada in 2006.
Research Areas: Derivative-free optimization, Trust region algorithms, Surrogate modeling, Space Mapping, RF and microwave circuit design, Fractional filters, Yield Optimization.
Research Interests: Optimization algorithms, CAE tools, Biosciences, Quantum computing, Photonic crystals, Fractional calculus.
Keywords: CAE, Simulated-driven optimization, Design centering, , Fractional, Quantum, Space Mapping, EM-Based design
1) H.L. Abdel-Malek, A.S.A. Mohamed and S.E.K. Ebid, “On the Fractional-Order Circuit Design: Sensitivity and Yield,” in Fractional Order Systems: Optimization, Control, Circuit Realizations and Applications, Elsevier, pp. 271-304, Sep 2018.
2) H. Bakry, A.S.A. Mohamed and N. Zidan, “Properties of Two Two-level Atoms Interacting with Intensity-Dependent Coupling,” International Journal of Theoretical Physics, Springer, 57(2), pp. 539-548, Feb 2018.
3) H.L. Abdel-Malek, S.E.K. Ebid and A.S.A. Mohamed, “A Trust Region Approach with Multivariate Padé Model for Optimal Circuit Design,” Engineering Optimization, Taylor and Francis, 49(11), pp. 1978–1994, Sep 2017.
4) A.S.O. Hassan, N.H. Rafat, A.S.A. Mohamed and M.M.T. Maghrabi, “Optimal design of 1D photonic crystal filters using minimax optimization approach,” Applied Optics, OSA, 54(6), pp. 1399–1409, Feb 2015.
5) A.S.O. Hassan and A.S.A. Mohamed “Surrogate-Based Circuit Design Centering,” in Surrogate-Based Modeling and Optimization-Applications in Engineering, Springer, pp. 27–49, 2013.
6) J.W. Bandler, Q. Cheng, S.A. Dakroury, A.S. Mohamed, M.H. Bakr, K. Madsen, and J. Søndergaard, “Space mapping: the state of the art,” IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., vol. 52, pp. 337–361, Jan 2004.
7) Bakry, H., Mohamed, A. S. A. & Zidan, N. Properties of Two Two-level Atoms Interacting with Intensity-Dependent Coupling. International Journal of Theoretical Physics 57, 539-548, doi:10.1007/s10773-017-3586-1 (2018).
8) Abdel-Malek, H. L., Ebid, S. E. K. & Mohamed, A. S. A. A trust region approach with multivariate Padé model for optimal circuit design. Engineering Optimization 49, 1978-1994, doi:10.1080/0305215X.2017.1282728 (2017).