Professor of Photonics
Education: Doctor of Philosophy degree under a joint supervision scheme between South Wales University, UK and Mansoura University
Research Areas: Photonics, Renewable Energy, Biomedical Sensors
Research Interests: Nanophotonics, Computational modeling, Solar Energy, Sensors
Keywords: photonics, plasmonics, SOI, solar cells, computational modeling, Liquid crystals
1) Ayyanar, N., Khalil, A. E., Hameed, M. F. O., Thavasi Raja, G., & Obayya, S. S. A. (2018). Enhanced sensitivity of hemoglobin sensor using dual-core photonic crystal fiber. Optical and Quantum Electronics, 50(12)
2) Abdel-karim S. O. Hassan, Hameed, M. F. O., Elqenawy, Ahmed E., & Obayya, S.S.A. (2018) “Optimization of Photonic Crystal Polarization Handling Devices Using Trust Region Algorithms,” IEEE J. Lightwave Technology, 36 (16) , 3434 - 3443
3) El-ghandour, A., Hameed, M. F. O., & Obayya, S. S. A. (2018). Thermal and electrical characterization of indium phthalocyanine chloride bulk structure. Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, 29(20), 17750-17763.
4) Younis, B. M. , Heikal, A. M., Hameed, M. F. O., & Obayya, S. S. A. (2018) Highly Wavelength-Selective Asymmetric Dual-core Liquid Photonic Crystal Fiber Polarization Splitter, J. Optical Society of America B (JOSA B), 35(5), 1020-1029
1) Self-Organized nanostructures for solar energy Harvesting, STDF/ Academy of Scientific Research & Technology (ASRT)
2) Novel wearable photonics sensor for glucose monitoring, STDF fund
3) Highly-efficient nano-structure solar cells for energy security, Institutional links project, Newton Mushrafa Fund
2) Mansoura University Incentive Award (2014)
3) Incentive State Award for Engineering Sciences from the Academy of Scientific Research and Technology (2014/2015).
4) The African Union (AU) and the world academy of sciences (TWAS) Young Scientists National Award in Basic Science, Technology and Innovation (2014/2015)
5) Shrouk Academy Award for Scientific Innovation in Electronic Engineering and Applications (2015/2016 )
6) IEEE senior member (2016)
7) Medal of Excellence from the Egyptian President (August 2017)
8) Venice Kamel Award for Scientific Creativity for Young Researchers in the field of Technological Innovations (2016/2017).
9) Amin Lotfy Award for Physical Science (2017/2018).