Amgad A. El-Deib, PhD, PEng
Associate Professor, Renewable Energy Engineering Program
University of Science and Technology
Manager of Industrial Engagement Unit
Valley of Science and Technology (VST)
Director of Smart Grids laboratory
Education: Doctor of Philosophy degree in electrical and computer engineering from the University of Toronto, Canada in 2010
Research Areas: Renewable Energy, Smart Grids, Power Systems, Power Electronics, Energy Conversion and Storage.
Research Interests: Renewable energy sources and storage devices modeling, power systems modeling and control, integration of renewable power plants in power systems, smart grids control and stability, power electronic converters modeling and control.
Keywords: Renewable energy, energy storage, power systems analysis and control, smart grids, electric vehicles.
1) A. Schwanka Trevisan, Â. Mendonça, M. Fischer, S. Adloff, S. Nikolai and A. El-Deib, "Process and tools for optimizing wind power projects connected to weak grids," in IET Renewable Power Generation, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 539-546, 9 4 2018..
2) M. Y. Morgan, A. El-Deib and M. El-Marsafawy, "Wind farm dynamic models assessment under weak grid conditions," in IET Renewable Power Generation, vol. 12, no. 12, pp. 1325-1334, 10 9 2018..
3) A. S. Trevisan, A. El-Deib, R. Gagnon, J. Mahseredjian and M. Fecteau, "Field Validated Generic EMT-Type Model of a Full Converter Wind Turbine Based on a Gearless Externally Excited Synchronous Generator," in IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 2284-2293, Oct. 2018.
4) O. M. Abo Gabl, A. El-Deib and M. El-Marsafawy, "Optimal Location and Size of FACTS Devices for Distributed Voltage Control," 2018 Twentieth International Middle East Power Systems Conference (MEPCON), Cairo, Egypt, 2018, pp. 1-6.
1) STDF - ESIP Program: Building Integrated Solar Systems for the Egyptian Market
2) STDF – CBG Program: Energy Storage Systems Lab
3) ZC internal fund Program: Hybrid AC/DC Micro Grid
1) IEEE member
2) Member of the Energy Research Council at ASRT