Campus resources and services
Housing and accommodation
Until the the university housing facility is established, the student affairs department will provide assistance to students seeking accommodation in neighborhoods surrounding the university campus. Guidance will be provided, especially to students from governorates outside of greater Cairo, to find accommodation at specially negotiated prices.
A bus service is available at the university that serves faculty, students and staff. There are meeting points in several districts of Cairo for transportation to and from the university according to a specific timetable. To join this service you need to fill in a request form at the student service center. The detailed bus schedule will be available on our website.
- The university map demonstrates parking zones with numbered parking lots designated for faculty, staff, undergraduates and graduates.
- Members of the university community who need to park on campus may obtain a permit from the university's transportation and parking services department.
- The university reserves the right to fine or remove vehicles parked on university property that are in violation of its parking policy. All citations and expenses related to violations, including vehicles with university parking permits, are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
Athletics and sports facilities
Developing sports and recreational programs that highlight core sportsmanship ethics and values is key to completing the student experience at the University of Science and Technology. The university will foster different recreational sports with the aim of developing students' tolerance to individual differences. The university will coordinate the use of its current campus facilities for sports activities until relocation to our new campus.
The library's mission is to serve the information needs of the university’s current students, faculty, staff and researchers who hold valid University of Science and Technology IDs with a large collection of books and research resources. Policies on admittance, borrowing, hours and services are set by the library administration staff. The library has an automated system that facilitates access to a wide range of publications, journals and books. It also provides laptops for the use of faculty, students, researchers and staff.
a. Policies for using the library
- Your ID card is required to enter the library.
- Group study is not allowed.
- Silence should be observed.
- Eating, drinking and smoking are not allowed.
- Mobile phone usage is not permitted.
- The floor space of the library cannot be used as a meeting place.
- A photocopy service is available for a fee of 10 pt./page.
- Late fees are charged on delayed books.
- 'Hold' will be posted in the student's electronic file to ensure books are returned.
b. Library schedule
Sunday to Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Saturday: 9:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Visit the library
Exact dates of holidays are to be confirmed by official notice.
C. Library resources
The university clinic
The university clinic provides healthcare services to all members of the university community. Physicians and nurses are available every day from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with the exception of Fridays and Saturdays. Zewail City of Science and Technology has signed an agreement with a healthcare company to provide healthcare services for faculty, students and staff. The university clinic is located in the basement of the academic building.
Conference and event spaces services
The University of Science and Technology has halls and lounges that are available for organizing events and conferences. The conference and events services office offers assistance to academic and administrative departments for planning university conferences and events. The services include: consultation to plan successful conference registration, equipment provision and cleanup services for outdoor and indoor events.
Dining and food services
A catering and food services company is working on campus under the supervision of the university administration. The company provides a variety of healthy catering services to all faculty, students, researchers and staff. Hot food plates are offered to the whole university community through the cafeteria. The cafeteria also serves refreshments and a variety of hot and cold sandwiches.
The cafeteria is located in the basement of the academic building. Opening hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. every day except for Fridays and Saturdays.
The university can offer meal plan contracts to students, faculty and staff for a semester-based fee covering a fixed number of meals per week.
Bank and ATMs
There are two automated teller machines (ATMs) on campus located on the ground floor of our main building. The ATMs are linked to Fawry services and are available to students and staff.