The Career Advising & Training Services Office is the main pillar that shares in delivering Zewail city’s mission that aims to contribute to building a knowledge-based society, through providing a merit-based education and engaging with the public at large.
Career Advising started as an individual role in 2017. In January 2019; the Career Advising & Training Service Office (CATS) was launched under the supervision of Dean of Strategic Enrollment.
CATS Office offers a variety of services that help the university students and alumni identify the career goals and equip them with the right tools to be competitive in the job market in Egypt and globally. Such services are designed to bridge the gap between the academic studies and the job market requirements, challenges and dynamics.
The CATS office work closely with other departments in the University like the admission and Student Affairs. CATS career advising team offer orientation sessions about the ZC science & engineering majors to the high school students who are interested in joining Zewail City.
We aim to have a comprehensive career service centre that offers the highest level of career development and training services that empower ZC students and support them in pursuing a successful career
Our mission is to educate and support students as they explore and further understand themselves and career options, gain valuable experience, develop as professionals, and pursue their career plans.
Zewail City Career Center is dedicated to building the capacity and empowering the undergraduates and alumni and brand them as the top-notch of their generation by:
- Encourage students to explore their interests, values & skills and develop a clear career objective and plans
- Assist students in linking their academic experience to career options.
- Support students in testing their capabilities through internships, volunteering, and extracurricular activities.
- Cultivating and maintaining partnerships with organizations on the local and international level to secure internships and career opportunities for our undergraduates and alumni
- Supporting students in pursuing their career plans by learning how to conduct a job search or plan for postgraduate studies or launching their start-up business
The following is a summary of CATS services and activities