Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (DSAI) is an interdisciplinary program where statistics, big data analytics, artificial intelligence techniques, and related subjects are used to analyze real-world data. It provides the business with the necessary tools to understand the past and the current situation to make an informed decision and predict future scenarios. Today, data science is an essential part of several industries, e.g., telecommunications, manufacturing, insurance, and marketing. It is expected that data science will be part of all industries and for some will be a department by itself. Data science can turn information into actionable insights and give the industry a competitive advantage. The demand for data scientists is extremely high and is expected to stay strong for several years. The data scientist has been among the top jobs with a high salary. The DSAI program is expected to provide new opportunities for the graduates and to better serve the needs of the industry and community.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The DSAI program will nurture an academic environment that contributes effectively to empowering its graduates towards having the skills, talents, and knowledge to attain the following educational objectives within three to five years of graduation to:
- Pursue a successful career in data science and artificial intelligence and contribute to the advancement of businesses through data analytics.
- Pursue advanced degrees in local and international graduate programs in data science and artificial intelligence and related fields to emerge as thought leaders, researchers, experts, and educators.
- Be a lifelong learner in the field of data science and artificial intelligence and remain current in the emerging technologies and methodologies in their career.
- Assume a leadership role in the field of data science and artificial intelligence.
Program Student Outcomes (SOs)
By the time of graduation, students should attain the following SOs:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply theory, techniques, and tools throughout the data analysis lifecycle and employ the resulting knowledge to satisfy stakeholders’ needs.
Program Educational Objectives Mapping to Student Outcomes