Graduate Program Admission Requirements
1. The minimum requirements for admission to the graduate program are:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in science, medicine, physics, engineering or any related field, with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or “very good” (75%) from an accredited university/institute.
- A Master of Science degree is preferred but not mandatory.
- Proof of English language proficiency (TOEFL IBT minimum score of 80, or IELTS with a minimum score of 6.5).
- Proof of Graduate Record Examination (GRE) test as follows:
|Major||GRE Type||Minimum Required GRE|
|Biomedical Science||General GRE||300|
|Nanoscale Science||General GRE||300|
|Nanoscale Engineering||General GRE||300|
|Basic Science||General GRE*||300|
*Except GRE of physics: the minimum requirement is 600.
- Submission of three reference letters, two of which are obtained from professors familiar with the candidate’s work/academic performance. An internal Zewail City supervisor may support applicants with one of the three reference letters.
- Submission of a statement highlighting the candidate’s interest in the doctor of philosophy graduate program, the proposed field of study, and reasons for choosing Zewail City of Science and Technology. The statement should not exceed 1000 words.
- Submission of a letter of acceptance from a supervisor in Zewail City.
- A satisfactory admission interview with a panel of experts in the proposed field of study.
- After careful selection by the Graduate Program Committee (GPC), accepted candidates will be notified.
2. Due to limited capacity and competitive competency, meeting the minimum requirements might not grant admission to the graduate program.
3. Complete applications, certificates, letters of recommendation, and personal statement should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To download the graduate program application form, please click here.