Hatem Fayed, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Applied Mathematics
Director of Applied Mathematics
Education: Doctor of Philosophy degree in Engineering Mathematics from Cairo University, Egypt in 2005
Research Areas: machine learning, image processing, time series forecasting
Research Interests: machine learning algorithms, neural networks and optimization techniques
Keywords: support vector machines, convolutional neural networks, nearest neighbor and prototype classifiers
1) H. Fayed, A. Atiya, “Speed up Grid-search for Parameter Selection of Support Vector Machines”, Applied Soft Computing, 80, pp. 202-210, 2019.
2) H. Fayed and A. Atiya, “An Evaluation of the Integral of the Product of the Error Function and the Normal Probability Density with Application to the Bivariate Normal Integral”, Mathematics of Computation, 83, pp. 235-250, 2014.
3) H. Fayed and A. Atiya, “A Mixed Breadth-depth First Strategy for the Branch and Bound Tree of Euclidean k-center Problems”, Computational Optimization and Applications, 54 (3), pp. 675-703, 2013.
4) H. Fayed and A. Atiya, “A Novel Template Reduction Approach for the K-nearest Neighbor Method”, IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, 20 (5), pp. 890-896, May 2009.
5) H. Fayed, S. Hashem and A. Atiya, “Self-generating Prototypes for Pattern Classification”, Pattern Recognition, 40, pp. 1498-1509, May 2007.
1) Lumiere(c): Integrating EEG and Facial Expressions for the Automatic Detection of Cognitive Skills, funded by ITIDA's Information Technology Academic Collaboration (ITAC), Egypt, 2019 - 2020.
2) Telecom Dynamic Pricing, funded by the National Telecom Regulatory Agency (NTRA), Egypt, 2012 - 2014.