Mohamad Samir A. Eid, Ph.D.
Communications and Information Engineering
Assistant Professor in the Communications and Information Engineering Program
Education: Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering and Information Systems from the University of Tokyo in Japan.
Research Areas: Information Security, Cybersecurity, Network security.
Research Interests: IoT Security, Access Control, Intrusion Detection, DDoS Mitigation.
Keywords: Information Security, Privacy, Trust, Cybersecurity, Encryption.
1) M. S. A. Eid, and H. Aida “Trustworthy DDoS Defense: Design, Proof of Concept Implementation and Testing”, IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems, Vol. E100-D, No. 8, pp.1738-1750, Aug. 2017, DOI: 10.1587/transinf.2016ICP0024
2) M. S. A. Eid, and H. Aida, “Secure Double-layered Defense against HTTP-DDoS Attacks”, IEEE 41st Annual Computer Software and Applications Conference (COMPSAC), pp. 572-577, Turin, ITALY, Jul. 2017, DOI: 10.1109/COMPSAC.2017.207
3) M.S.A. Eid, and H. Aida, “Securely Hiding the Real Servers from DDoS Floods”, IEEE 10th Annual International Symposium on Applications and the Internet (SAINT), pp. 165-168, Seoul, KOREA, Jul. 2010, DOI: 10.1109/SAINT.2010.62
1) Information Technology Industry Development Agency (ITIDA), ITAC GP Grant, Egypt (2019/2020)
2) The University of Tokyo SEUT Fellowship, Japan (2013)
1) University of Tokyo special incentives program for excellent candidates.
2) Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers professional association.
3) Member of the Association for Computing Machinery.