Moustafa Elshafei, Ph.D
Communications and Information Program
Zewail City of Science and Technology
Faculty member at the Communications and Information Engineering
Education: Doctor of Philosophy degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from McGill University, Montreal, Canada in 1982
Research Areas: Autonomous Systems, Green Desalination, Intelligent Instrumentation
Research Interests: Autonomous Systems, Green Desalination, Intelligent Instrumentation.
Keywords: Desalination, Distributed Computer Control, Intelligent Robotics.
1) Mahmoud A. Elfeky, Moustafa Elshafei, “ System and method of operation of twin-tiltrotor helicopter”, US Patent # 10,150,561, December, 2018.
2) Moustafa Elshafei, Khoukhi, Amar, Al-maged, Abdulaziz, Talib, Mohammad, “ Multi-motor steerable drilling system and method, US Patent # 9863188, January, 2018.
3) Moustafa Elshafei,,”Stacked hydromagnetic desalination cell”, US Patent # 9, 809, 472 Issued in November 7, 2017.
4) Moustafa Elshafei, “Hydromagnetic desalination cell, brine desalination system, and method of desalinating brine water using the desalination cell”, US Patent #9,701,551, July, 2017.
5) Moustafa Elshafei, Amar Khoukhi, Abdulaziz Al-Maged, Mohammad Talib, “Directional system drilling and method”, US Patent # 9,657,521, May, 2017
6) Yazan Al-Rawashda, Moustafa Elshafei, and Mohamad Al-Malki,” A Method And Apparatus For Estimation Of Center Of Gravity Using Accelerometers”, US patent # US9568320, February, 2017.