Professor Salah Obayya
Professor of Photonics
Director of the Center for Photonics and Smart Materials
Education: Doctor of Philosophy degree under a joint supervision scheme between City University London and Mansoura University
Research Areas: Photonics, Renewable Energy, Physics and Astronomy Engineering, Computer Science, Energy Multidisciplinary, Environmental Science
Research Interests: Nanophotonics, Computational modeling, generation, distribution and utilization of sustainable energy
Keywords: photonics, nano, computational, modeling, energy
1) Ayyanar, N., Khalil, A. E., Hameed, M. F. O., Thavasi Raja, G., & Obayya, S. S. A. (2018). Enhanced sensitivity of hemoglobin sensor using dual-core photonic crystal fiber. Optical and Quantum Electronics, 50(12)
2) Areed, N. F. F., Hussien, M., & Obayya, S. S. A. (2018). Reconfigurable coupler-based metallic photonic crystal lens and nematic liquid crystal. Journal of the Optical Society of America B: Optical Physics, 35(10), 2459-2466.
3) El-ghandour, A., Hameed, M. F. O., & Obayya, S. S. A. (2018). Thermal and electrical characterization of indium phthalocyanine chloride bulk structure. Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, 29(20), 17750-17763.
1) Photonics Superlattice for enerating & Engineering hyperentangled photons, ITIDA Fund
2) Novel wearable photonics sensor for glucose monitoring , STDF fund
3) Institutional links project , Newton Mushrafa Fund
1) Incentive State Award for Engineering Sciences and the State Award of Excellence for Engineering Science
2) Recipient of the Abdul Hameed Shoman Foundation Award for Arab Researchers in Engineering Sciences
3) Arab Creativity Award 2015 for science, offered by the Arab Thought Foundation.