The research centers are setup and structured in a way that enables them to conduct both independent and joint research with other centers within the City and across the country. The centers are equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and they have research links with other national and international research institutes and universities.
To date, the research conducted at the City has resulted in scientific papers published in high-impact journals, and the following references are examples of those published in the areas of fundamental physics of the universe, nanooptics, nanoelectronics, nanotechnology, water treatment, and stem-cell research:
Dr. Shaaban Khalil
- M. Hemeda, S. Khalil, S. Moretti, “Light Chargino Effects onto H → γγ in the MSSM”, Phys. Rev. D, 89, 011701R (2014).
- W. Abdallah, S. Khalil, S. Moretti, “Double Higgs peak in the minimal SUSY B-L model”, Physical Review D, 91, 014001 (2015).
Dr. Salah Obayya
- M. Heikal, M. F. O. Hameed, S. S. A. Obayya, “Improved Trenched Channel Plasmonic Waveguide”, IEEE J. Lightwave Technol., 31, 2184 (2013).
- A.M. Heikal, Firas Faeq K. Hussain, M. F. O. Hameed, S.S.A. Obayya, “Efficient Polarization Filter Design Based on Plasmonic Photonic Crystal Fiber “, IEEE Journal Of Lightwave Technology, DOI: 10.1109/JLT.2015.2419175, Vol. 33 (13), pp. 2868-2875, 2015
Dr. Yehea Ismail
- H. Abd Elhamid, Y. Ismail, M. J. Deen, “A Computational Study of Nonparabolic Conduction Band Effect on Quantum Wire Transport (e.g. GaN)”, Opt. Quant. Electron., 45, 885 (2013).
- Elthakeb, Ahmed T., Hamdy Abd Elhamid, and Yehea Ismail. "Scaling of TG-FinFETs: 3-D Monte Carlo Simulations in the Ballistic and Quasi-Ballistic Regimes", IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices (TED), 62, 1796, (2015).
Dr. Ibrahim El-Sherbiny
- I. M. El-Sherbiny, M. I. Abdel-Hamid, M. Rashad, A. S.M. Ali, Y. A. Azab, “New Calcareous Soil–Alginate Composites for Efficient Uptake of Fe(III), Mn(II) and As(V) from Water”, Carbohydr. Pol., 96, 450 (2013).
- I. E. Elkholi, N. M. Hazem, W. F. ElKashef, M. A. Sobh, D. Shaalan, M. Sobh, I. M. El-Sherbiny*, "Evaluation of anti-cancer potential of capsaicin-loaded trimethyl chitosan-based nanoparticles in HepG2 hepatocarcinoma cells", Nanomedicine & Nanotechnology, 5(6), 240 (2014).
Dr. Nagwa El-Badri
- N. El-Badri, M. A. Ghoneim, “Mesenchymal Stem Cell Therapy in Diabetes Mellitus: Progress and Challenges”, J. Nucl. Acid., 2013, 194858 (2013).
- El-Badawy, N. El-Badri, "Regulators of Pluripotency and their Implications in Regenerative Medicine", Stem Cells and Cloning: Advances and Applications, 8, 67 (2015).
The scope of expertise at the various Centers and at the University is reflected in the previously mentioned references and in the following articles which represent the areas of measurements, structure determination, cell biology, organic polymers, cancer therapy, and gene expression.
Dr. Ali Abdou
- S. H. Saw, R. S. Rawat, P. Lee, A. Talebitaher, A. E. Abdou, P. L. Chong, F. Roy, Jr., J. Ali, S. Lee, “SXR Measurements in INTI PF Operated in Neon to Identify Typical (Normal N) Profile for Shots With Good Yield”, IEEE Trans. Plasma Sci., 41, 3166 (2013).
Dr. Fareed Aboul-ela
- W. Huang, J. Kim, S. Jha, F. Aboul-ela, “The Impact of a Ligand Binding on Strand Migration in the SAM-I Riboswitch”, PLOS Comput. Biol., 9, e1003069 (2013).
Dr. Sameh Ali
- H. N. Fridolfsson, Y. Kawaraguchi, S. S. Ali, M. Panneerselvam, I. R. Niesman, J. C. Finley, S. E. Kellerhals, M. Y. Migita, H. Okada, A. L. Moreno, M. Jennings, M. W. Kidd, J. A. Bonds, R. C. Balijepalli, R. S. Ross, P. M. Patel, A. Miyanohara, Q. Chen, E. J. Lesnefsky, B. P. Head, D. M. Roth, P. A. Insel, H. H. Patel, “Mitochondria-Localized Caveolin in Adaptation to Cellular Stress and Injury”, FASEB J., 26, 4637 (2012).
- M Panneerselvam, S. S. Ali (Co-first author), J C Finley, S E Kellerhals, M Y Migita, B P Head, P M Patel, D M Roth, H H Patel, "Epicatechin regulation of mitochondrial structure and function is opioid receptor dependent", Molecular nutrition & food research, 57(6), 1007-1014 (2013).
Dr. Mohamed Alkordi
- V. Guillerm, Ł. J. Weseliński, M. Alkordi, M. I. H. Mohideen, Y. Belmabkhout, A. J. Cairnsa, M. Eddaoudi, “Porous Organic Polymers with Anchored Aldehydes: A New Platform for Post-Synthetic Amine Functionalization en route for Enhanced CO2 Adsorption Properties”, Chem. Commun., 50, 1937 (2014).
- R. Luebke, Y. Belmabkhout, L. Wojtas, L. Weselinski, M. H. Alkordi, G. Norton, A. Cairns, K. Adil, M. Eddaoudi, “Versatile Rare Earth Hexanuclear Clusters for the Design and Synthesis of Highly-connected ftw-MOFs”, Chem. Sci., (2015).
Dr. Sherif El-Khamisy
- M. Alagoz, O. S. Wells, S. F. El-Khamisy, “TDP1 Deficiency Sensitizes Human Cells to Base Damage via Distinct Topoisomerase I and PARP Mechanisms with Potential Applications for Cancer Therapy”, Nucl. Acid. Res., doi:10.1093/nar/gkt1260 (2014).
- M.E. Ashour, R. Atteya, S.F. El-Khamisy "Topoisomerase-mediated chromosomal break repair: an emerging player in many games", Nature Rev Cancer, 15 (3), 137 (2015).
Dr. Tamer Salem
- T. Z. Salem, F. Zhang, S. M. Thiem, “Reduced Expression of Autographa californica Nucleopolyhedrovirus ORF34, an Essential Gene, Enhances Heterologous Gene Expression”, Virology, 435, 225 (2013).
- T. Z. Salem, W. R. Allam, S. M. Thiem, “Verifying the stability of selected genes for normalization in Q PCR experiments of Spodoptera frugiperdacells during AcMNPV infection”, PLoS One, 9, e108516 (2014).