Personalized Medicine Meeting: from Discovery Science to the Patient
Personalized medicine has rapidly evolved, especially with recent developments in the fields of “omics” and their associated technologies.
Join us in the first International Zewail City meeting on Personalized Medicine, brought to you by the Center for Genomics at Zewail City. We will be hosting high-profile distinguished scientists from Egypt, Germany, and the UK among others. The meeting will explore various aspects of personalized medicine from discovery science, drug development, pre-clinical studies and all the way to patient care.
Early-career researchers will have the opportunity to submit abstracts for consideration for oral presentations and will compete for the Best Presentation Award. It is a great opportunity for sharing your research findings with the scientific community, promoting knowledge exchange and networking.
Preliminary List of Confirmed Distinguished speakers:
- Professor Simon Ward: The Director of the Medicines Discovery Institute at Cardiff University, UK and the Former Leader of Drug Discovery teams in GlaxoSmithKline, BioCrea, Knoll Pharmaceuticals, Vernalis, and Chiroscience.
- Professor Saleh Ibrahim: The Director of the Lübeck Institute of Experimental Dermatology, Germany
- Professor Samir Hamdan: Associate Dean, KAUST, Saudi Arabia
- Professor Khadija Gaafar: President of the Egyptian Association for Animal Research Advancement, Cairo University
- Professor Mona Marei: Head of Tissue Engineering Laboratories, Alexandria University
Genomic medicine and the role of microbiota
Who is attending?
- Medical and clinical researchers
- Academic Researchers with interest in molecular genetics and genomics
- Clinical Geneticists
- Representatives from the pharmaceutical and medical technology development in the industry
- Abstract should be in any of the above-mentioned topics to be covered in the conference
- Abstracts will be peer-reviewed and the highest-scoring abstracts will be selected for oral presentation
- Deadline for abstract submission: 08-March-2018. Abstracts will not be accepted after this date.
- Notification of selection for an oral talk will be sent by 20-March-2018.
- Best presentation award will be presented to the best presenter
- Abstract submission should be through the registration link.
- Full attendance of the lectures.
- All coffee breaks, lunch, and conference materials.
Early bird deadline: 8-March-2018
Zewail City students: EGP 300
Early bird: EGP 400
Late / on-site: EGP 600
- Graduate Students
Early bird: EGP 600
Late / on-site: EGP 800
- Ph.D. holders:
Early bird: EGP 800
Late / on-site: EGP 1000
Methods of payment:
- Online payment through credit card. (Click Here)
- Payment in person on Zewail City Campus - October Gardens - Finance Department
- Bank transfer/deposit to
Bank name: Commercial International Bank (CIB)
Beneficiary Account No: 100015794075
Branch address: 21/23 Charles de Gaulle St., Giza, Egypt.
Branch Name: Giza Branch
Beneficiary Name: Zewail City of Science and Technology
SWIFT Code: CIBEEGCX001
- On the Bank receipt please write: Purpose of deposit: “your name” + Personalized Medicine: From Discovery Science to the Patient
Kindly send a copy of the bank receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your registration
Please make sure to complete your registration by paying the attendance fees.
Almasah hotel, Abdel Aziz El Shennawy St.Behined The Stage, Nasr City 11371, Cairo, Egypt
For all inquiries:
Center for Genomics, Zewail City of Science and Technology
About the Center for Genomics:
Our mission is to integrate biological knowledge from the molecular, cellular, individual and population levels and to apply this knowledge toward the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of disease.
Link to Zewail City Facebook Page: