Financial Support and Scholarships
School of Computational Sciences and Artificial Intelligence - Scholarships
- CSAI offers merit-based scholarships.
- Up to two students out of the top 10 students of each governate receive full scholarships. These students keep their full scholarships for the four years of study as long as they maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00.
- Additional first-year scholarships for students admitted to CSAI in 2022/2023 are based on Thanawya Amma high school scores as follows:
- Students who achieve 90% or more in high school receive a 50% discount
- Students who achieve between 80% and 90% in high school receive a 35% discount.
- For the second to fourth years of study, students who were originally admitted to CSAI in 2022/2023 receive a full or partial discount depending on their cumulative GPA (cGPA) in each year as follows:
- 100% discount for students who maintain a cGPA of 4.00
- 35% discount for students with cGPA between 3.67 and 4.00
- 25% discount for students with cGPA between 3.33 and 3.67
- 10% discount for students with cGPA between 3.00 and 3.33
School of Science and Engineering - Financial Support and Scholarships
Eligibility of Financial Support/Scholarships:
- The University of Science and technology in Zewail City offers a limited number of Financial Support and Scholarships merit based to students who are fully admitted to the university and are among the top students based on the holistic admission criteria adopted by the university.
- In addition, the university of science and technology in Zewail City offers a limited number of partial / full scholarships to fully admitted students who fulfill the following conditions:
- For freshmen students fluffing the admissions criteria:
- Obtained the high school certificate no more than one year of admission.
- For transfer students fluffing the admissions transfer criteria:
- Obtained the high school certificate no more than two years of admission
- Enrolled in accredited, related study Field University for two years with GPA 3 and above.
- Demonstrated financial eligibility
- Fill the financial aid application form and follow its instructions.
- Submitted the online application along with credentials copies before the deadline.
- Financial aid applications with missing information, documents or wrong information will be considered incomplete and will be rejected for the current year; student can apply for financial aid again after the foundation year.
- Students eligible for financial aid will receive a confidential notification including the decision of the committee.
- The decision of the financial aid committee is strictly confidential and to be shared only with the student and not with any other person or it will be canceled.
- Financial aid is given in the form of a fixed reduction from the tuition fees.
- The decision of the financial aid committee is final, and no petitions are allowed after notifying the student with the financial aid that can be offered by the University.
Regulations and Policies
- In awarding financial aid, the financial aid committee considers:
- The student’s individual/family circumstances
- The number of submitted applications for financial aid
- The university resources.
- The financial aid application and supporting documents are reviewed and investigated by the financial aid committee who has the right to decide whether the student is eligible to receive a financial aid or not. Students or their parents may be asked for an interview or to submit additional documents.
- The supporting documents received after the announced deadline will be rejected.
- Tuition fees are covered by donations; in case a donor impose conditions that are
- different from that of the University, this will supersede that of the University.
- After assessing the financial status of the student, and in view of the available resources, the
- student will be notified of the percentage support that he/she will receive and the amount of tuition fees that he/she must pay.
- The received financial aid is awarded only during the year of study, in case of withdrawal from the university; the financial aid will be cancelled.
- In case of deferred admission, the financial aid will be no longer valid.
- The amount of financial aid granted to each student will be fixed throughout his/her course of study at university as per the academic catalog and given that the student maintains his academic and financial eligibility for financial aid.
- 4 years for science majors
- 5 years for engineering majors
- The awarded financial aid covers one regular program as stated in the study plan, any additional Major/ Minor/ Concentration/ Courses will be charged as a full tuition and will not be covered by the financial aid. However, in addition to the regular program, the financial aid covers only five courses that are registered and dropped or repeated through the entire student’s study within the university.
- The awarded students will be requested to attend few donors’ events inside and our side the campus.
- GPA retention policy and it is applied starting from the second year of enrollment.
- To maintain the financial aid award without reassessment, undergraduate students must maintain:
- A cumulative GPA equal to or higher than 3.0
- To maintain a full-time status (12 credit hours per semester or above).
- In case of achieving a GPA less than 3.0 the financial aid will be subject to change as per the below conditions:
- Full retention for a GPA as low as 3.0
- 50% retention for a GPA less than 3.0 and greater than or equal to 2.7
- No retention for GPA lower than 2.7
- Foundation year quality points are excluded from GPA calculation
- Students are granted one warning semester in case their GPA is less than 3.0 in the second year, before the second semester
- Students who are in probation after the foundation year are not eligible to any financial support
- An exception from the credit hours’ criteria applies to graduating senior students during their final semester; where then the financial support award will be calculated in proportion with the number of registered credits.
- Any interruption of the study will entail stopping the financial aid
- Undergraduates who are granted financial aid do not have to renew their financial support applications on yearly basis if there is no change in their financial status.
- Undergraduates who fail to maintain their financial aid as per the above must submit a financial aid regaining form as the renewal of their financial support will be subject to an evaluation of their academic performance.
- Enrolled Students who received financial support, and encountered changes in their financial situation, and wish to review their award amount. They will need to submit a petition form along with the supporting documents proving the need to of the change in their financial situation during the announced deadline.
- Submission of documents after the deadline announced by the registrar office will be rejected.
- Any change of the financial aid percentage is to be applied at the beginning of the academic year.
For Any Inquiry
- Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or visit the Office of Admission and Registration in Zewail City of Science and Technology in Zewail City located in the one stop shop from 10 AM to 2 PM except Friday, Saturday and the official vacations.